Those who know me know that I LOVE to read, but since I don’t have as much time as I’d like to sit with a physical book, Audible is literally my best friend and the only way I’m able to consume as many books as I do. Since this is my first round-up, there are books on this list that I’ve read prior to 2018 that are included, but it’s because they are that good. I’ve broken it into categories and highly recommend all of them. I couldn’t sing the praises of the Audible app more. I literally listen to books in the car, while I’m washing dishes or cleaning the house (hello Alexa, the echo, not my Alexa). If you have not tried it yet, you have nothing to lose. Enjoy a FREE 30 Day Trial to listen to any book of your choiceand I’m giving you 12 of my TOP recommendations below…
- Influencer by Brittany Hennessy – read this if you are at all interested in being an online Influencer
- Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller – I am studying this book!
- High Performance Habits by Brendon Burchard – I just ordered his new High Performance Planner and can’t wait to use it!
- The Sell: The Secrets of Selling Anything to Anybody by Fredrik Eklund – LOVE him on Million Dollar Listing and am always intrigued to hear behind-the-scenes of what makes someone successful
- Perfect is Boring by Carolyn London, Tyra Banks – smart, funny and very real!
- Year of Yes: How to Dance it Out, by Shonda Rhimes – sooo funny! You just have to listen to it to fully appreciate it.
- Born a Crime: Stories from a South African by Trevor Noah – very interesting and I learned a lot about discrimination. You don’t have to like it but you do need to know how to deal with it and survive in his case.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan – I listened to this series probably 2 years ago and was very excited to learn that a movie was being made. I’m so looking forward to re-watching the movie and for the sequels to come out. I wish the story line followed the books more but I also understand what they had to do to adapt it for the big screen.
- Crazy Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
- Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo – I have been on a quest to live a more minimal lifestyle for years and did a lot of purging this year. The struggle continues, but you can’t read this book and not be motivated to clear things out. TREAT YOURSELF!
- Like She Owns the Place by Cara Alwill Leyba – This is a book for all the women out there that need a reminder that it’s not about being perfect and living up to certain standards; it’s about being confident in who you are and being comfortable with yourself. She has written 9 other books that you’ll probably love too. I actually have the physical book and just started re-reading it recently. It’s a great pick-me-up.