Every year, we look forward to swimming pool season. Impromptu pool parties are our jam and a pool party is not as fun without a few pool floaties!
Over the years, we have added to our collection and I have often been asked how my pool floats last year after year when most people can barely make them last through the summer season?!
In the video below, I share my tips on how to take care of your swimming pool toys so you can enjoy them for more than a season. We have had some of our floaties for about 7 years and we use them regularly and they are still in great condition.
3 Tips to taking care of your pool floats so they last year after year:
- Tip #1: Let them air dry after each use to avoid mold and mildew issues
- Tip #2: Use a pump on reverse mode to remove all the air from the floaties
- Tip #3: Fold them and store them away in a dry bin until next use or next season
Here are some DON’Ts to keep in mind:
- Do not let them rot in the sun
- Do not drag them on the ground
- Do not overload them with weight either in the pool or on the ground. They are only made of plastic!